20130624

No home rules

For some bizarre reason my family, sans me, watches the Channel 7 drivel 'My House Rules'.
I was constrained to watch a finalish episode tonite where the fake drama builds to eliminate a 'team': one of the tasteless teams of amateur tradesmen, and even more amateur designers who produce predictable flummery. The show is pure junk; but there could be spinoffs:

My car rules: a show about motor maintenance.

My housekeeping rules: a show about cleaning a house.

My brief of evidence rules; where criminals could prepare briefs against each other; the looser being the winner: the one with the longest gaol term.

Then, of course, my TV show rules: where we have amateur producers....oh, hang on, Channel 7 does that already with its predictable parade of moronic shows (except Lewis, Morse, Endeavour...not produced by ch. 7).

One of the contestants was brought to the home that had been renovated for them. The woman of the couple could only leer from room to room saying nothing but "oh my gawd' at varying speeds. And that's all she could say: no other response. Its like she'd gotten her whole vocabulary, emotion, and perspective from American TV shows: talk about living vicariously through the fictional lives of TV characters! It was so pathetic it was embarrassing!

No comments:

Post a Comment